I am a Registered Dietitian living in the Twin Cities. I am a busy mom to two beautiful, curious and energetic little boys, and I have a husband, Robby, who thinks that anything green on the dinner plate is simply there for decoration. My interest in nutrition stems from my childhood. At 12 years old I was overweight and sedentary with poor eating habits. I knew I needed to make a change but did not know how. Supported by my mother and Jane Fonda’s step aerobic videos, I made a conscious decision to eat better and exercise more. I gradually lost weight and began to feel better about myself. Most importantly, my mother and I bonded over helping each other live a healthier lifestyle. I have now come full circle and feel fulfilled when I can help families make similar changes.
My passion revolves around the idea of Nutrition for Your Family– helping families work together to eat well and live a healthier lifestyle. I believe that anything is achievable when families support one another (and everyone WILL eat their veggies- including my husband!). I have had the pleasure of working with over 1,000 families to create healthier home environments and more peaceful family mealtimes. It would be a pleasure to do the same for you and your family.
My ultimate goals in life:
- Be completely caught up with laundry.
- Go to Target and buy only what’s on my list.
- Get through an entire day without losing my cell phone.
I have yet to achieve these goals.
- The vision of Your Family RD is to be a valued, trusted and reliable resource on how to best ensure children grow up having a healthy relationship with food.
- Empower parents, caregivers, communities, schools and healthcare organizations to help one another make positive lifestyle choices for the children they care for.
- Motivate families to work together to create a healthier home environment.
- Provide the ideas, tools and resources necessary to help any child have a healthy and positive relationship with food.
- Encourage families to cook with each other, eat together and enjoy peaceful family mealtimes.
- Inspire children of all ages to be excited about making nutritious choices.
- Certificate of Training in Pediatric and Adolescent Weight Management from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Master of Science degree in Nutrition Education from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.